Monday, December 3, 2012

Are you Daugherty?

  Early one morning two civilians walked into the office and asked if I was Daugherty.  I told them I was and asked what they needed.  They told me they were looking for Corporal Dotson. I asked who they were and they both showed me badges and identified themselves as “Misters” so and so and they were here to take Dotson into custody.

  I told them that may be rather difficult since we hadn’t seen Dotson for a couple of days.  He was listed on our morning report as AWOL.  They informed me that they wanted to go through his belongings.  I took them to LTC Alexander who authorized me to take them to Dotson’s locker.  Since I was unfortunate enough to be his roommate I had to witness their going through every piece of his clothing and belongings.

  I had to sit there for almost 3 hours and watch these guys go through every piece of clothing and EVERY HEM of every piece.  In talking with these guys I found that Dotson had once been an MSGT E-8 and part of the Berlin Honor Guard.  He had gone AWOL and was busted.  Had been arrested for using drugs among other infractions with the UCMJ. 

  They took EVERYTHING with them when they left.  Never saw them again and never saw Dotson again.  I guess he was an In’Waiting soldier but I’m surprised that they were letting him wait based on what I heard from the CID people.

No comments:

Post a Comment