Friday, February 22, 2013

Christkindlesmarkt

   I always loved going to Nurnberg.  Harry Wickart, who I worked with in Stuttgart, said you have to go to the Christmas Market in Nurnberg.  He said that it is the best of all the Christmas shows in Europe.  I didn’t know they had Christmas shows anywhere…

XMAS MARKET TWO

   Buyers from all over the world attend as well as families from near and far.  After my first Christmas holiday trip to Nurnberg I promised myself that I would go back in 1962 and I did.

NURNBERG XMAS

   Just to watch the faces on the little kids was worth the trip.  I also enjoyed a few of the beer halls in the Alt Stadt.  The “burned” beer took a little getting used to.  But once you had one under your belt the rest went down quite easily.

ONE

   I don’t care what you are looking for you will find it at the Nurnberg Christmas show.  If it isn’t here they don’t make it!

THREE

TWO

   I know they still have this market every year.  If you are headed that way in December be sure to put Nurnberg on you itinerary. The kid in you will be delighted!

   Leave a comment if you’ve been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment